I spend a lot of time with instructors. I have a list of things I personally love, and things I hate. But sometimes I meet an instructor who brings something to the table that I’ve never even seen (or heard) before.
Meet Steve Feinberg, a goofalicious instructor who does just this: “enter-trainment”.
- Steve sings. But he doesn’t just sing along to the songs on his mix-tape. He
improvises lyrics to the tune of the songs, and in fact gives instructions to the
class with auto-tuned, perfectly on-pitch delivery. It is nothing short of
- The craziest part is that he ad-libs most of this shit. It's insane.
- Therefore, while you work away in an action-packed sweatshop of a class,
you’ll also be so thoroughly entertained that you might even forget that you’re
working. What will he say next? Will he sing about me? Is this really
You'll be smiling so hard you'll forget that your quads (and the rest of the muscle family members) are on fire.
On the actual class.
- You have one prop: a weighted ball (the Speedball).
- The class is jam-packed with swinging, twisting, lunging, squatting, and
generally any movement you can do while holding a weighted ball.
- Steve particularly loves the standing chop-twist movement (oh hi obliques); he
also does a lot of upper/lower body combos.
- Twisting is a huge component of the curriculum – and Steve is big believer
that these movements can help strengthen the spine and alleviate some types
of unresolved back pain.
Lovable, adorable, and full of energy. You’ll be wowed at his singing abilities, but you'll also dig his caring one-on-one adjustments. He loves what he does, he loves the people who come to his class, and he is always happy. Oh, and don’t try to slack. Well, you can try, but Steve will gravitate to you as fast as an OCD person with dirty hands gravitates towards an anti-bacterial gel dispenser. Pretty freakin quick.
This is a must-do. Anything Steve teaches is a must-do. He also teaches a kick-ass punching bag class. Get yourself to his class for an instant injection of “damn, I feel sexy again.”