Keoni is just... different. I've never seen anyone who looks quite like him. Not to mention that he's jacked out of his mind, and a sweetheart to boot. I loved this class.
My notes on Keoni
- If I were to guess, I would say Hawaiian. I can picture Keoni ripping it up on a
wave (in a Roxy ad)
- GREAT voice. Made us hoot and holler – encouraged energy, gave back
- Noticed when people were walking and yelled “JOG!”
- Got the sense that he was actually watching everyone –and taking care of us.
- Adjusted us - came over to make several adjustments on me, particularly to
make sure I was bringing my arms all the way straight in the bicep curl.
- Generally, Keoni just gets it. He has a great presence and he works it. You
trust him. You like him. He motivates you.
- Strong focus on two muscle groups – biceps and triceps. Tons of curls. I like
this specific focus because it meant that I was actually reallyreally sore in one
area the next day instead of kinda sore all over. Making one muscle sore is the
best feeling – you feel like that muscle looks so sexy (you can feel every little
movement it’s doing.. if it hurts, it MUST look good. Right?)
- This was a 4 segment class (Barry’s is always either 4 or 6 segments,
depending on the length of the treadmill parts.) I actually like it that you never
know whether the class will be 4 or 6 - keeps you on your toes. No pun
- Perfect number of people. This was my first class after the way-too-crowded
class, so it was a relief.
- Full of meatsticks. Like, dudes with tattoos who are ripped out of their minds
and remind me of that gorgeous popsicle of a man in 'Step Up', on steroids.
- Lots of dude’s dudes. Barry’s is a funny mix – sometimes every guy in the
class is gay, sometimes they’re all straight as an arrow / “made in Westchesta”.
- Lots of mid-class clothing removal (hey, that’s A-OK with me)
A nice finish
As I was walking out, I yelled, “Thanks!” to which Keoni responded, oh-so-sincerely, “NO - THANK YOU!” All I have to say is < 3.
The ultimate litmus test: I would absolutely wake up early to work out with him.